If you are looking for a high-adventure, heart-pumping whitewater experience, this is it! One of the steepest commercially-run sections of whitewater in the Southeast, the Upper Green consists of continuous class II and III rapids and two class IV’s. Green River Adventures is the only company to run trips on this beautiful wilderness section of the Green River, so get away from the crowds and experience something worth writing home about!
Begin your inflatable kayak trip just 8 minutes from downtown Saluda and paddle deep into the untouched wilderness of the Green River Gamelands. This trip boasts huge rapids, small groups, and is teeming with wildlife. Your two guides point you in the right direction as you paddle through class II-IV rapids in your own inflatable kayak. Participants finish this trip with big thrills, big stories, and a sense of accomplishment.
This is a high-adventure, wilderness experience, which requires active participation for 2.5 hrs. This trip is not recommended for some older adults or participants with health conditions that may require immediate attention.
A light snack and water is provided on the trip.
Don’t see a trip time that suits your group? Feel free to call our outpost – we may still have availability when booking by phone: (800) 335-1530.
UPPER GREEN RIVER MAP
4 mile Wilderness section of class II-IV rapids
- Tuxedo Hydrostation/Put-In
- Big Rock • Look around at the beauty, last chance and into the Wilderness
- Calm before the storm • Practice your skills on these class II+ rapids, you’ll need it
- Charleston Stuffer • If you’re from the Low Country, look out!
- Bayless Boof • (Class IV) Ever paddled off a horizon line? Your guides will help you clean up at the bottom
- Wanda’s Hole • A lesson in Hydrology as well as our snack spot
- Devil’s Elbow • 3 lefts does not make a right
- Beavers and River Otters live here
- Peter Guice Bridge • 225 ft above is the tallest bridge in NC, only development you’ll see on this Wilderness Run
- S-Turn • Don’t miss the eddy at the bottom cause Pinball is next.
- Pinball • Class IV’s are easy by now, right?!?
- Snot Rock Falls
- Complimentary Hike Out (0.7 miles) • There’s no additional charge for this part of the adventure, and – It’s a race to the top: Winner gets a complimentary beverage!